~The Hobeck Family ~

Nick, Sara & Aubrey

Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Baby, My Business!

Ok...I guess the time would come where I would kind of snap. So here it is, no more miss nice mommy....

About 2 weeks after I had Aubrey, I had kind of a "baby blues" period. I was totally stressing on having to go back to work, and the whole daycare situation in St. Louis. I could not seem to find an accredited daycare for a reasonable price, based on our salaries. I was really upset about, and on one of our nightly walks in the neighborhood, I kinda joked that it would be easier for me to not go back to work. Nick stopped for a second pondering what I had just said, turned looked at me and said, "You're right, based on our finances and the "fear factor" we have with public daycares, it makes more sense."....and you can better believe once he said it seriously and took that information and ran! I was soooo excited at the thought of being able to stay home with my baby girl, I couldn't hardly stand it! After careful budgeting and thought, we then decided that we really couldn't afford to live in St. Louis anymore without me working. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it in STL, but love Aubrey way more...so anyway long story short, our house has been on the market since the next day.
So here is where it gets frustrating.... I have been hearing a lot lately (from people who have no right to insert their opinions where they clearly are not wanted) that I "don't have a job", or that I'm "unemployed"!! That's not the case at all! I have more than a full time job, I'm a mom 24/7! I take care of my house & husband, while caring for our baby all day. Now I know some people say...."I work outside the home, and still come home and do all that."...well my answer to that is,... you take your kids somewhere to be taken care of all day, by someone else. If my income was much more than child care expenses it would be different, but when I would basically enough to pay someone else to watch my child while I'm away from her all day, is stupid!
Not that it's anybody's business, but I am planning on going back to school this coming semester, so that when we are done having babies, and they're all in school during the day, I can have a better job, with hours I control.
I guess I'm just trying to say, if you don't pay my bills of take care of me and my family then butt out of our business!

Sorry if this was a mean post...but I feel that I keep this blog to capture my feeling and memories, good or bad, and it was necessary to make note of this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment