~The Hobeck Family ~

Nick, Sara & Aubrey

Friday, October 12, 2012

No compassion at all...



Without going into detail because I don't feel like loosing my job & license for breech of HIPPA, but I had a rough night at work the other day. Long story short, I was supposed to take a NICU
Team to one hospital to pick up a sick baby, & transport back to a more advanced facility. We never were able to transport the baby, because he passed away after all of us working to revive him for hours. There was nothing we could do, it was inevitable, but still a devastating experience. All along I assumed it would only take a few hours because it was a close transfer. Well, after it was all over it was more like 6 hours. The delay caused me to miss taking a midterm in one of my online classes that was only "available" for a bread timeframe. I explained to my professor the situation without detail, & requested that due to the situation, he please let me make up the exam. I received his email this morning to which he replied, 

"Sara,

That sounds like a horrible situation that you were pulled into at the last minute, and I do understand that things happen at the last minute sometimes, and that is why I set the entire class up at the beginning of the semester instead of adding it week by week. I'm afraid I can't accommodate your request."



Seriously?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?

The exam was available for one day! Not all semester. 
I try to help save a babies life & he can't have a little understanding! I'm so irate! I don't feel this is in anyway my fault. Without this midterm I'll be lucky to get a B, in what should be one of the easiest classes in college. I'm calling BULLSHIT! 
And to make matters worse, I feel like a shithole for being upset about midterm when a family is grieving the loss of their baby! I completely realize that there was nothing we could do, & that it was Gods decision to take that baby to heaven, but it doesn't make any of it easier. 
I'm so sick of stupid school & their ridiculous bullshit politics. All I ever wanted to do was to go to school and get my degree so I could help people. 
Here I am working 2 jobs, going to school, & balancing a family, & this assface can't give me an hour to take an online exam. Someone please tell me that I'm not being irrational?!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment