~The Hobeck Family ~

Nick, Sara & Aubrey

Friday, October 8, 2010

Stressed!!...and then some GREAT news!!!




Okay! This is how I feel right now!! Haha!
I have to say, that we all know that life has it's up's and down's for everybody....but right now, I feel like I'm in a major down...I know that things can only get better from here, right?!?! Hello??? Anybody???
Yeah...not so sure about that...
Not to say that I don't feel overwhelmingly blessed by having Nick and Aubrey in my life...I just have a lot of other complications that I'm dealing with.
So on that note, I am going to ask for all of your prayers as I try to figure out all this "junk" that's going on right now...out with the old and in with the new! :)

On a brighter note!!
I have lost more weight!! That would be a total of 42 lbs lost!! Of course, I'm not going to go into detail, but anyone that knows me, knows that I got quite larger for awhile. After I got married (almost 6 years ago) I kind of let myself go a little...not much but I put on a few pounds...slowly over the years I noticed that I was continuing to put on about 5 lbs a year. I didn't really pay much attention because I never wore regular clothes. Always being in scrubs, kind of hides your figure! Ha!
But when I got pregnant with Aubrey in 2008, I actually stepped on the scale in the doctors office! WHOA!! I was blown away at how much I actually weighed. I quickly realized that for the sake of my baby's health I needed to make sure I had the healthiest pregnancy that I could have and really watch how much pregnancy weight I put on. I did amazingly well for the first 29 weeks! I only gained 8 lbs! Although Aubrey made me look H.U.G.E. the scale proved 8 lbs. Well that came to a screeching halt at 29 weeks. To make the long story short, I feel down some stairs and went into pre-term labor. I never really recovered from that, because from then til I delivered I was continuousing contractiong and dialating and even had to be hospitalized and 34 weeks to stop labor, then put on bedrest for a few weeks. While I was in the hospital, the gave me non-stop, wide open IV fluids to try to stop labor, since I was against any "medical intervention" unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. Needless to say, I swelled up like a balloon faster that you could imagen! Let's put it this way,,, my 8 lb gained, turned into 44 lbs, in 2 weeks!! I could barely walk I was so swollen!
Here is a pic of me a few days before I delivered.... Yikes!!

Oh MY!!! I can't believe I actually shared that with the internet world...HA!

Anyway,,, after I had Aubrey, I lost 40 lbs in 7 days! All the fluid left me so quick I couldn't even stand up, and breathe. I wasn't much concerned with loosing more weight at that time, after all, I was breastfeeding and the weight should just "fall off"... right?!?!? WRONG! I stayed at the same weight I had been before I got pregnant. :(
Fast forward to April 2010, I went to try on swimsuits for the summer, and well, to save myself some embaressment, let's just say I had a breakdown in the dressing room and cried for about 30 min. I couldn't take it anymore.
I called my OB/GYN the next day and told her that I needed some advice to loose weight while I was still breastfeeding. I wanted it to be safe for Aubrey after all.
I followed her instructions and lowered my calorie and sugar intake and started on some cardio. I have to say the first few days were the hardest. I was SO sore. I hurt all over, but I knew it was the best thing for me. I decided to weigh in once a week on the same scale. I also downloaded and a free app for iPhone called Lose it, you can check it out, here.
I noticed an immediate weight loss the first week! 7lbs!! I was shocked..but knew it had to be water weight...
I was wrong I guess...for the next several weeks, I continued to loose more and more weight. I started getting so many compliments! It felt amazing to see that all my hard work paid off, but I wasn't done yet.
About 2 months ago, I guess I hit the hump. I was stuck! No matter how much I cut out, or worked out nothing was working! I got really frustrated!! But I stuck to my plan! And it finally paid off. After getting a slight case of pancreatitis..yuck!..I couldn't eat for about 7 days, all I could have was clear liquids to let my body heal. I guess that did the job, because I weighed in and lost 5 more lbs last week!...Being sick, sucked, but I guess it had it's positive side too! Haha! So now I just have to keep on track, and hopefully it will continue to come off, in a healthy way!

WOW! That probably should have been 2 seperate posts, but who has time...LOL!

The "newer me"

Blake, Me, and Nick
Cards game 10-01-10
Nick and Blake's B-day (no relation!) LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Sara!!!! You look awesome, I can't wait to see you in person! I hope everything else is going okay! I'm here for a month so we can chitchat ;) I think we need a mommas day/night out!

    ReplyDelete